Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The health and well-being of our staff and those who visit the Colorado Chautauqua are our highest priorities. Please rest assured that we are following the recommended safety guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization as well as those provided by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Along with the rest of Colorado, The City of Boulder has been operating under a “Safer-at-Home and In the Vast, Great Outdoors Order” since May 9 2020.
As part of this order, face-coverings are required for staff, guests and visitors at any time when a safe 6ft (2 meter) distance cannot be maintained.
Naturally Safe, Colorado Clean
2020 Chautauqua Health and Safety Commitments for your Security and Relaxation. View our Safety Guide here: (PDF)
Chautauqua already has the sizable safety advantages of doorstep access to 40 miles of trails, a spacious, wraparound Dining Hall porch and socially-distanced, private cottages. This makes a lodging or visitor experience with us a naturally safe option in this “New Normal.”
To ensure our visitors and guests are able to make a reservation with us in full confidence and can relax completely during their stay, we have taken our existing health and safety measures to Flatiron heights with our new “Naturally Safe, Colorado Clean” protocols.
For example, the Colorado Chautauqua has implemented the following safety measures:
• We have moved to contactless check in and check out procedures. The Front Desk will not be physically checking guests in and out in Academic Hall. Instead, access your private cottage via our easy-to-use lock boxes. Guests will be provided with thorough entry instructions prior to arrival and a Welcome Pack will be left in your cottage to complete and return by email. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
• Our Housekeeping Department has implemented many additional procedures to sanitize and disinfect guest rooms and lodges.
• Guests with any health concerns or looking to self-quarantine, are required to email: email@example.com or call: 303 – 952 -1611 prior to arrival. This will allow us to put in place additional protective measures to safeguard you, other guests, staff and residents.
Chautauqua Dining Hall
The Dining Hall is now open to dine-in visitors and the famous porch is a spectacular and naturally safe dining option. Additional safety measures such as wider table spacings mean our dining visitors can enjoy their meal in full confidence.
For those who prefer not to dine in, The Dining Hall offers curbside pick up of our full Colorado bistro menu, an extensive Bar-To-Go menu and kids menus. For more information, menus and to place on-line orders visit the Dining Hall Menu page.
Other Dining and Visitor Attractions in Boulder
Click here for the latest information from the Boulder Convention and Visitors Bureau on the opening status and safety protocols in place for other Boulder dining and visitor attractions.
Public, Private and Community Events
Remote Box Office
Due to the current public health concerns and until further notice, the Chautauqua box office will no longer support in-person customer support functions. We are still available during our regular box office hours via phone and email.
Cancelled and Postponed Events
As part of our effort to keep our artists, patrons and guests safe, the Colorado Chautauqua will be cancelling or postponing all public and community events in the Auditorium and Community House this summer.
Ticket Refund and Donation Process
Ticket holders will receive an email confirming whether an event has been postponed or cancelled and outlining next steps.
If you have already purchased tickets to an event that is CANCELLED, you will receive an email with a form giving you the option to donate all or part of the value of your tickets, purchase a gift certificate or receive a refund. Donating the value of your ticket or purchasing a gift certificate will help the Colorado Chautauqua Association, a 501c-3 nonprofit organization, offset the substantial losses we are incurring as a result of this crisis and help us continue to plan programming for our community.
If your event has been POSTPONED, your tickets will be honored on the new date and we look forward to welcoming you back. New dates will be confirmed and sent to you as soon as possible.
Risk-Free booking for stays under 7 nights
● Stays of 7 nights or less: A deposit equal to 1-night + tax is collected at the time of booking. Cancel or postpone up to 24-hours prior to check-in date with no penalty. Cancel with less than 24-hours notice of your check-in date, forfeit entire stay balance.
● Stays of 8 nights or more: A deposit equal to 35% of the total for the stay is collected at the time of booking. Cancel or postpone up to 7-days prior to check in date with no penalty. Cancel with less than 7-days notice of your check-in date, forfeit entire stay balance.
You can feel safe to plan your visit and relax with us!
By taking these steps, we hope to provide the extra reassurance you may need to plan your visit and find true respite during your escape with us. As always, we are excited to welcome you to our “Only at Chautauqua” lodging, hiking, recreational and dining experiences.
Please contact our team directly with any questions or concerns:
For local COVID-19 updates, you may want to visit or call:
Call CO-Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 or email COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English and Spanish
Updated June 19 2020 – 03:51 PM