Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The health and well-being of our staff and those who visit the Colorado Chautauqua are our highest priorities. Please rest assured that we are following the recommended safety guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization as well as those provided by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
The City of Boulder has mandated a Stay-At-Home order until May 8 2020. After May 8, it is transitioning to a Safer-At-Home order which will stay in place until the Colorado governor or the City of Boulder mandates a change.
These orders exempt services considered essential to the community, such as lodging. In accordance with this order, and to support our community at this difficult time, our lodging operations remain open and continue to welcome guests who seek respite, easy access to nature and stand-alone accommodations.
In addition, the Colorado Chautauqua has implemented the following safety measures:
NEW Contactless Check In Procedures from April 1, 2020
• As an additional social distancing measure for our guests, residents and staff, we are moving to check in and check out procedures with no in person contact. The Front Desk will not be physically checking guests in and out in Academic Hall. Instead, access your private cottage via our easy-to-use lock boxes. Guests will be provided with thorough entry instructions prior to arrival and a Welcome Pack will be left in your cottage to complete and return by email. Please email: email@example.com with any questions about this new arrangement.
• Our Housekeeping Department has implemented additional procedures to sanitize and disinfect guest rooms and lodges.
• Guests with any health concerns or looking to self-quarantine, are required to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 303 – 952 -1611 prior to arrival. This will allow us to put in place additional protective measures to safeguard you, other guests, staff and residents.
Chautauqua Dining Hall
In accordance with current Colorado restrictions on dine-in restaurants, the Dining Hall will be closed from March 16 to dine-in guests. However, we will be offering curbside pick up of our full Colorado bistro menu, an extensive Bar-To-Go menu and kids menus from Tuesday May 5. For more information, menus and to place on-line orders visit the Dining Hall Menu page.
Other Dining and Visitor Attractions in Boulder
Click here for the latest information from the Boulder Convention and Visitors Bureau on the opening status and safety protocols in place for other Boulder dining and visitor attractions.
Public, Private and Community Events
Remote Box Office
Cancelled and Postponed Events
Ticket Refund and Donation Process
NEW Risk-Free booking for stays under 7 nights
● Stays of 7 nights or less: A deposit equal to 1-night + tax is collected at the time of booking. Cancel or postpone up to 24-hours prior to check-in date with no penalty. Cancel with less than 24-hours notice of your check-in date, forfeit entire stay balance.
● Stays of 8 nights or more: A deposit equal to 35% of the total for the stay is collected at the time of booking. Cancel or postpone up to 7-days prior to check in date with no penalty. Cancel with less than 7-days notice of your check-in date, forfeit entire stay balance.
By taking these steps, we hope to provide the extra reassurance you may need to plan your visit and relax completely during your escape with us. As always, we are excited to welcome you to our “Only at Chautauqua” lodging, hiking and dining experiences.
Please contact us directly with any questions or concerns:
For local COVID-19 updates, you may want to visit or call:
Call CO-Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 or email COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English and Spanish
Updated May 22 2020 – 11:35 AM