Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The health and well-being of our staff and those who visit the Colorado Chautauqua are our highest priorities. Please rest assured that we are following the recommended safety guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization as well as those provided by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
From March 24 at 5:00PM until April 17, the City of Boulder has mandated a “Stay in Place” order.
This order exempts services considered essential to the community, such as lodging. In accordance with this order, and to support our community at this difficult time, our lodging operations remain open and continue to welcome guests who seek respite, easy access to nature and stand-alone accommodations.
In addition, the Colorado Chautauqua has implemented the following safety measures:
NEW Remote Check In Procedures from April 1, 2020
• As an additional social distancing measure for our guests, residents and staff, we are moving to remote check in and check out procedures. The Front Desk will not be physically checking guests in and out in Academic Hall. Instead, access your private cottage via our easy-to-use lock boxes. Guests will be provided with thorough entry instructions prior to arrival and a Welcome Pack will be left in your cottage to complete and return by email. Please email: email@example.com with any questions about this new arrangement.
• Our Housekeeping Department has implemented additional procedures to sanitize and disinfect guest rooms and lodges.
• Guests with any health concerns or looking to self-quarantine, are required to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 303 – 952 -1611 prior to arrival. This will allow us to put in place additional protective measures to safeguard you, other guests, staff and residents.
Chautauqua Dining Hall
In accordance with current Colorado restrictions on dine-in restaurants, the Dining Hall will be closed from March 16. Guests will be informed of plans for reopening and we look forward to welcoming you back in ample time for the fine weather.
Public, Private and Community Events
Due to the current public health concern and until further notice, the Chautauqua box office will no longer support in-person customer support functions. We are still available during our regular box office hours via phone and always available via email.
In accordance with CDC and Colorado guidelines, and as part of our effort to keep our artists, patrons and guests safe, the Colorado Chautauqua will be canceling or postponing all public, private and community events between Monday, March 16, 2020 and Friday, May 15, 2020.
Ticket Refunds and Donations
Ticket holders will receive an email confirming whether an event has been postponed or canceled and outlining next steps.
If you have already purchased tickets to a Community House event that is CANCELED, refunds will be automatically applied 30 days after you receive your email. If you would like a refund sooner, or wish to donate your ticket purchase, please email email@example.com. Donating the value of your ticket will help the Colorado Chautauqua Association, a 501c-3 nonprofit organization, offset the substantial losses we are incurring as a result of this crisis.
If your event has been POSTPONED, your tickets will be valid for the new date (likely the fall of 2020) and we look forward to welcoming you back. New dates will be confirmed and sent to you as soon as possible.
Cancellation fees will be waived through June 1, 2020 for guests traveling to or from the following locations:
• Asia Pacific: Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea
• Europe: All countries in the Schengen Area – Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City – plus the United Kingdom and Ireland
• Middle East: Iran
Other concerns are being discussed with group leadership and individuals on a case-by-case basis, with initial focus on guests arriving between now and June 1, 2020. For those arriving after June 1, 2020, we will be conducting business as usual, adapting and accommodating as developments dictate. Reservations made on or after March 11, 2020 for stay dates through June 1, 2020 will be subject to standard CCA cancellation policies and procedures.
By taking these steps, we hope to provide the extra reassurance you may need to plan your visit and relax completely during your escape with us. As always, we are excited to welcome you to our “Only at Chautauqua” lodging, hiking and entertainment experiences.
Please contact us directly with any questions or concerns:
For local COVID-19 updates, you may want to visit or call:
Call CO-Help at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911 or email COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English and Spanish
Updated April 1 2020 – 10:55 AM