Dr. Jon Kedrowski: Hikes and Cold Plunges In The High Mountain Lakes of Colorado
Doors: 7:00 PM
Showtime: 7:30 PM
In the majority of the program, Dr. Jon Kedrowski will discuss exploring the mountains and high mountain lakes of Colorado to excite people about the summer hiking season. His discussion and slideshow will focus on trip planning and well as weather and climate conditions in Colorado for the recreational hiker and will include information on safety and backcountry preparedness. Jon’s book –Classic Colorado Hikes–will be featured to show the audience some of the best places to explore the high mountains in Colorado. In his book, some of the best lakes, high mountain peaks, swimming spots and even “Wild Ice” skating will all be part of the journey in this multimedia presentation! The last 10 minutes of the program, Jon will tease his recent expeditions to both Everest and Winter K2. He will discuss the strategy, risk management, and weather considerations for climbing these 8000m giants and even how you can get involved in visiting the Himalayas and Karakoram with his company, Dr. Jon’s Adventures.
Dr. Jon Kedrowski grew up in Vail, Colorado. Jon first climbed each of Colorado’s 14ers in the late 1990s before he turned 18. Over the years, he has skied from every fourteener, and in 2016, he skied each Colorado fourteener during the same winter season. Jon has explore devery lake and location in his new guidebook, as his climbing résumé in Colorado includes multiple ascents of the 58 official Colorado 14ers and three hundred of Colorado’s 584 thirteeners. Jon has advised or led climbing expeditions to each of the Seven Summits except for Vinson Massif in Antarctica, which is high on his bucket list. In 2012, Jon summited Mount Everest and has since led five different expeditions to Mount Everest (2012, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021, guiding clients to the top in 2019 and 2021). He has been featured on several documentaries about his climbing and skiing adventures on the Discovery Channel, Smithsonian, NBC, Dateline NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, and CNN. In 2019, Jon made the summit of Manaslu at 8,163 meters / 26,781 feet with-out the use of supplemental oxygen and was part of the first expedition to K2 (8,611 meters / 28,250 feet) in 2021 that put ten Nepali climbers on the summit for the first time ever in winter. He is also a regular contributor to KDVR Fox 31 Denver and KWGN CW2 in Denver for stories about the great outdoors in Colorado. He is the owner of a company called Dr. Jon’s Adventures that leads expeditions all over the world. Dr. Kedrowski has previously presented his lessons from the summits to companies such as Hewlett Packard, Charles Schwab, Raymond James, Edward Jones, and Vail Resorts, with stories about motivation, goal setting, leadership, risk management, and unlocking human potential. Jon’s favorite hobbies include skiing, mountaineering, and photography. He loves to travel, mountain bike, trail run, river raft, play basketball, and play golf while enjoying the gorgeous summer and fall seasons in Colorado. For more about Dr. Kedrowski, visit jonkedrowski.com and drjonsadventures.com or @drjonkedski on Instagram and Twitter.
Jon’s Major Climbs and Projects:
• 8 expeditions to 8000m Peaks (Everest 5x,K2,Lhotse, Gasherbrum II, and Manaslu).
• 27 Expeditions to peaks over 5600m/18,000’.
• Climbed/Guided6 of the 7 continental summits (Denali 3x, Aconcagua 3x, Everest 3x, Mt. Elbrus, Carstenz Pyramid, and Mt. Kilimanjaro).
• 2011: first person to spend the night on the summit of CO’s 58 14,000ft peaks. Completed project in 95 days.
• 2014: Skied the 20 highest Cascade volcanoes WA, OR, and CA in 30 days.
• 2016: Skied all of CO’s 14,000ft peaks in a single season(160 days, from January -June).
• Over 25 ascents of Mount Rainier (14,410ft), WA
• 2018: Climbing partner/guide to Colin O’Brady’s 50HP record –Summitting all 50 state highpoints in 21 days.
• 2020-2021: Trained Grammy Nominated Singer-Song Writer Mike Posner and guided him to the summit of Everest June 1, 2021.
• 2021 Winter K2 Expedition
*All tickets subject to service fees